Recipe adapted from here.
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 cup sugar
6 tbsp cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup water
1 cup fresh blueberries, divided, plus extra blueberries to use as a garnish
1 1/2 cups frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed and divided
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking, soda, and salt in a bowl.
2. In a blender, combine water, 1/2 cup blueberries, and egg. Blend until smooth. Add gradually to flour mixture and mix until combined. Pour into a greased 8x8 baking pan.
3. Bake 30 minutes, or until a toothpick put in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/2 cup thawed dessert topping and chocolate chips. Cook in the microwave on 50% power for 1 minut. Stir until smooth. Let stand for 5 minutes, then pour over the cooled cake.
5. To make the blueberry sauce, put 1/2 cup blueberries and 1/2 cup thawed dessert topping in a blender and blend until smooth.
6. Serve cake topped with extra blueberries and blueberry sauce.