1. Give me a baby and a glass of cabernet and I'm a happy, happy girl.
2. Here's Connor in one of Jeff's old baby outfits. Smocked decades-old adorableness! And y'all... that smile!!
3. I didn't realize how much Jeff needed a son until we had Connor. That sounds funny... but I just mean that these two were so meant to be a father-and-son pair. Watching them together makes my heart so happy. Jeff always said he'd be totally happy, boy or girl, and I'm sure he would have been, but I'm so, so glad he got to be a daddy to a little boy (particularly this little boy). I can't think of a better role model for Connor than my sweet husband.
4. We made gnocchi, sweet corn, & spinach in cream sauce the other night and crossed #5 off my 30 Before 30 list. I loved it.
5. I'm also crossing #8 (Get a dSLR camera and figure out how to use it) off of the 30 Before 30 list. I've had the camera for years, but I was holding off on officially saying that I "know how to use it" because there's a LOT of technical stuff to learn about photography. But since I'll never know everything and I'm happy with how far my photography skills have come, I'm going to go ahead and say that I have officially figured out how to use the camera! I still know nothing about editing/Photoshop though... maybe I'll put that on my 40 Before 40 list? Haha.
We saved so much money doing our own newborn photos! One more baby and the camera will pay for itself! Haha.
With this one crossed off, I've completed over half of the items on my list. I have a few of them currently in the works, and I have a little over four years left to finish the rest!
6. Babies yawning = the cutest.
"Airplane outfit? Boooring. Taking pictures in this chair? Boooring."
7. I know I just said that babies yawning = the cutest, but actually... babies in hoodies = the cutest.
"Don't mess with me, bro. I outgrew my 3-6 month socks at 2 months."