Recipe adapted from here.
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 14.5 oz cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
12 oz cooked chicken sausage or chicken meatballs, chopped
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 13.8 oz package refrigerated Pizza dough
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and peppers and cook for about 6 minutes. Add zucchini and garlic and cook for another 6 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, sausage, half of the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to skillet. Bring to a gentle boil and cook for 5-7 minutes (until most of the liquid has evaporated).
3. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Spoon into a lightly-greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
4. Unroll pizza dough on parchment paper and cut into strips. Arrange pizza dough strips on top of the casserole in a lattice pattern. Sprinkle with remaining Italian seasoning.
5. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, until crust is lightly browned and filling is bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
(these are the chicken meatballs I like to use!)
(veggies + sausage cooking)
(cutting the dough into strips... I use a pizza cutter!)
(My poor Macbook... it's constantly in the kitchen splash zone!)
(ready for the oven!)