Recipe from my friend, Kelly.
Recipe makes two 9x13 lasagnas. Half the recipe to make just one pan.
12 lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions
2 lbs ground beef, cooked and drained
1 lb Jimmy Dean "Hot" pork sausage, cooked and drained
1 jar Ragu "Chunky Garden Combination"
1 jar Classico "Hot Pepper"
32 oz whole ricotta cheese
2 large eggs
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 bunches of green onions, minced (whites only)
8 oz fresh spinach leaves, chopped
7-8 cups mozzarella cheese
1. Lightly spray two 9x13 pans with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Lay 3 lasagna noodles in the bottom of each pan.
3. Mix ground beef, sausage, Ragu sauce, and Classico sauce in a bowl. Spread 1/4 of the mixture over the noodles in each pan.
4. Mix ricotta, eggs, Parmesan, and green onions in another bowl. Spread 1/4 of the mixture over the meat sauce in each pan.
5. Spread 1/4 of the spinach leaves over the ricotta mixture in each pan.
6. Sprinkle 1/4 of the mozzarella over the spinach leaves in each pan.
7. Repeat each layer (three more lasagna noodles, then 1/4 of the meat sauce in each pan, then 1/4 of the ricotta mixture in each pan, then 1/4 of the spinach leaves in each pan, and top with 1/4 of the mozzarella).
8. Bake for 1 hour, or until cheese is lightly crusted and browned on edges. Let cool 10-30 minutes before serving.
Layer 1: Noodles!
Layer 2: Meat Sauce!
Layer 3: Ricotta!
Layer 4: Spinach!
Layer 5: Cheese!