Recipe adapted from here.
9 lasagna noodles, cooked
2 eggs, beaten
16oz container cottage cheese
15oz container ricotta cheese
2 heaping tsp Italian seasoning
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup chopped white onion
1/2 cup chopped green onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp flour
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 1/4 cups milk
10 oz package chopped frozen spinach, thawed
10 oz package chopped frozen broccoli, thawed
1 cup shredded carrot
3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a bowl, mix together eggs, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet. Saute mushrooms, onions, and garlic until tender. Stir in flour and pepper. Add milk. Cook and stir until bubbly and a little bit thickened.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach, broccoli, carrot, and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
4. In a lightly-greased 9x13 pan, assemble lasagna. Start with three noodles, then 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, then 1/3 of the veggie mixture, then 1/3 of the mozzarella. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan.
5. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
(mushrooms, onions, garlic, flour, and pepper!)
(adding in spinach, broccoli, carrot, and parmesan)
(assembled and going into the oven!)