Fried rice is sort of a comfort food for me. I just love the way Chinese restaurants do it with a little bit of egg and veggies and stuff in it. Delicious! This recipe is lightened up to be healthier than takeout, but it's still delicious!
1. Whisk eggs with 1 tsp sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 tsp sesame oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and add it to the heated skillet. Stir fry until cooked through and remove from pan. Set aside.
3. Heat remaining tsp sesame oil in the skillet. Add mixed veggies and green onions. Stir fry until tender, about three minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
4. Push vegetables to one side of the skillet and add egg mixture to the other side. Scramble eggs.
5. Add cooked chicken, rice, and soy sauce to the skillet. Mix to combine.