I really like cheese. If I could live off of cheese and bread and desserts, I'd be a very happy Katie. This cheeseball is simple to whip up to as an appetizer, and it's packed with yummy flavor.
Recipe adapted from here.
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried parsley
dash of black pepper
3/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
3/4 tsp hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco)
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1. Mix the cream cheese in a stand mixer until smooth. Add the cheddar cheese, spices, and sauces and mix until thoroughly combined.
2. Place the pecans into a shallow dish.
3. Lightly grease your hands with cooking spray or oil and pull the cheese mixture out of the mixer bowl. Shape the cheese mixture into a sphere.
4. Coat the cheeseball with the pecans. It's easiest to grab the pecans and press them into the cheeseball on all sides.
5. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
(softened cream cheese)
(into the mixer...)
(cream cheese mixed up)
(mixing it all up...)
(rolled into a ball!)
(ready to go into the fridge!)
(served with herb crackers)