Recipe adapted from here.
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cups skim milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest (plus a little extra for sprinkling)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
1/3 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the sugar and coconut.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
5. Add in the melted butter and stir until combined. Don't overmix!
6. Pour the batter into your loaf pan and bake at 350 for 60-65 minutes (or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean).
7. Sprinkle a little lemon zest on top as a garnish, and allow the loaf to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
(adding the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients)
(ready for the oven!)
(cooling on a wire rack)
(lemon zest sprinkled on top)
See all the yummy coconut in the bread? Delicious!