Whenever I have leftover dried cranberries (like after making this apple strudel), I make these yummy cookies! They're quite tasty and fellow-law-student-approved.
Recipe adapted from here.
1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1 cup orange juice
2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. In a bowl, soak the cranberries in the orange juice for 30 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg. Add in the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, making sure to evenly distribute the baking powder and baking soda.
3. Drain the cranberries and stir into the dough along with the white chocolate. Do not overmix!
4. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
3. Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 3 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
(soaking the cranberries in orange juice)
(dough minus cranberries and white chocolate)
(ready for the oven!)
(fresh out of the oven!)