I decided to go with a recipe from The Fresh Fridge - strawberry cheesecake ice cream! Doesn't that sound delightfully springtimeish? It was DEE-licious. And also really easy to make with the help of my trusty red ice cream maker! To be completely honest, Jeff actually made it while I sat on a barstool and
Here's the recipe (adapted from that link up there):
3/4 lb. strawberries (this is about a 1-pound container w/ all the green parts cut out)
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 c sugar
1 c milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 c heavy cream (I hear you can use half and half instead to make it healthier, but it won't be as creamy!)
Crumbled graham crackers (optional, use as a topping)
1. Chop up the strawberries in a food processor or blender (a little pre-chopping into chunks will help). Then pour in sugar, milk, lemon juice, and cream. Pulse a few times until blended.
2. Add in cream cheese in 1 inch cubes. Pulse until well-blended. Note: at this point the mixture may smell JUST LIKE egg salad. Weirdest thing ever. This prompted us to make weird faces and check our milk for signs of spoilage. But the smell went away and it turned out awesome, so don't worry!
3. Add the mixture to your electric ice cream maker and follow your ice cream maker's instructions. The consistency should come out kind of like custard.
4. Spoon into an airtight container and chill in the freezer for at least one hour before eating.
5. Garnish with crumbled graham crackers, and enjoy!