So Jeff (who does have to take vacation days, but loves his job nonetheless) and I are trying to figure out somewhere to go for a quick Spring Break vacation. We'd like to stay within the Continental US (for cheap and short plane flights), and we'll probably go for four or five days in March 2011. I have a few different ideas that I'd like to share with you all... if you've been to any of these places let me know what you did, how you liked it, etc.! And if you have any better ideas, I'm all ears!
1. Napa Valley - Anyone know what the weather is like in northern CA in March? Will it be cold? Jeff loves this idea, but I can't seem to shake the thought that I'm just not old enough and mature enough for a "wine tasting" trip. Haha.
2. Niagara Falls - I've been there once and LOVED it. I've always wanted to take Jeff there with me. The only problem is that I think it will still be quite cold in March, and I'm afraid some of the tours and stuff won't be open.
3. Washington DC - I've never done a DC sightseeing trip (well I have, but I was only 2 and I don't remember it AT ALL!). But it might be cold there in March as well...
4. Grand Canyon/Sedona - This is probably my top choice right now. I feel like the Grand Canyon is just one of those things you have to see!
5. Williamsburg, VA - For my whole, entire life I've wanted to go to colonial Williamsburg (I know, I know... nerdy much?). My worry with Williamsburg is that we might not have enough things to do for 4-5 days... is that a valid concern? What is there to do in VA other than colonial Williamsburg?
6. Las Vegas - I always said I'd go there after I turned 21, and I still haven't been. Jeff's never been either. Everyone I know who's been to Vegas had an absolute blast, but would it be awful for someone like me who doesn't drink a whole lot and dislikes wasting money?
So those are all of my options right now... anyone have better ideas? We've already been to New York, so that's out. Has anyone been to these places? Thoughts?