We both knew we'd get married in a Catholic Church, so you'd think we would be on the same page. But we had three options for churches that meant something to us:
1. St. Anne's, the church we will attend together after the wedding, when we live in the new apartment. Deep in the heart of Houston, surrounded by fun things.
2. St. Mary's, the church I currently attend. In the city I live in, 1.5 hours away from Houston. Recently renovated, absolutely gorgeous.
- They don't even tell you whether or not they have any available dates unless you're a registered parishioner.
- Our new apartment is inside the parish boundaries, so we can be registered parishioners (yay!).
- New church members can register monthly at the Monthly Registration Meeting, the next of which will be January 10th (PANIC!).
I reluctantly called J with the bad news, and our seemed-so-easy Ceremony plans began to wither away slowly. Did anyone else fail miserably with their first wedding planning task? Did something you thought would be easy turn out to be just the opposite?